hidden hit counter Late Harvest: Purging it a little further down the pipe

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Purging it a little further down the pipe

Writing self-confessional crap in a public place like this is the best incentive to get me to write more often. The logic goes like this: if I write enough, the other stuff I wrote will become comparatively less noticable.

I've been on a site called myspace.com. It has blogs and pictures and music and filmmakers and lots of youngish trendoids who make me feel old and out of it and like I don't have as many friends as them. I am not old but I break 30 this year. Yeah me! At 24 I was on track to be dead by now. Instead I've turned into a stuffy, self-important entrepreneur.

After joining myspace, I randomly clicked around on there and subscribed to a few peoples blogs, which people there take much less seriously than the blogger crowd, and thankfully so. I had no idea it told you who had subscribed to your blog, so I had been checking in on Jaymie's blog regularly without ever saying hello, even though it's highly personal and I don't have any idea who she is. I mean, her profile photo caption is "You're hot but how do I know you're not a tranny?"

Today, on the prompting of Crazy Mel, who advised me of some myspace news, I logged in and in big red flashing letters the notification was flashing that I had new messages, and new blog subscription posts, so I read and responded to my messages then clicked through to the new blogs. "Who the hell reads this?" was her last one.

"Big ups to so and so and so and so and some guy named JARED," it said.

Well, big ups to YOU, JAYMIE for calling me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home