hidden hit counter Late Harvest: En Route to Vienna

Sunday, October 23, 2005

En Route to Vienna

October 23, 2005

It's 6:46AM in Vienna, and 11:45pm in Toronto, but I still feel like it's 9:45pm.

I am not sure what time it is, but one thing I'm sure of is that the bathroom, at least 15 seats ahead of me, smells bad enough that a recent trip in that direction was ill-advised. If I had been paying close enough attention, I would have known that from here. What nasty wurst must have caused such an atrocity?

The good news is that Shelley and I have managed to score an entire row to ourselves, thanks to an unusually gracious ticket agent. As soon as that seat-belt sign comes down Shelley will spread herself over three of these four seats and I will continue to occupy this seat and much of the available floor space.

Last night, we hosted a large party, the second such celebration this year. Norm's house was packed, people were well behaved. We have lots of leftover beer and sausage. This time we anticipated vast numbers of attendees and we got them, but not everyone I expected to come did. Joel Goldstein at Sing Your Heart Out provided a fantastic party tent

Their loss. We rocked Norm's house until 3:30am. As a host I felt for a while that I should stay till the end, but as the dancefloor was still literally bouncing and the bar remained in moderate use, I knew it was a matter of hours and not minutes before the last stragglers stumbled out. When I went back today to pick up the projector and our beer-splattered VCR, he graciously lied to me and said it was shut down by 4. I am still blown away that neither neighbours nor police came to express their displeasure at the revelry.

What madness awaits us in Vienna? We still have no idea what hotel we'll be staying in, nor do we know how we'll be making our way from the airport to the mystery hotel. For now, I'll just repeat the mantra... it's 7am, it's 7am... it's 7am...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home